...............................

Monday, May 3, 2010

Cooking School - Chiang Mai, Thailand

We had a wonderful time at our Thai cooking lesson. It started with a trip to the local market to learn about Thai spices and produce. I learned to make green curry including the curry paste from scratch, pad thai, green papaya salad, tom yam soup, and fried bananas for dessert. I also observed that Thai's love spicy food on a completely different magnitude than I do - and I like things hot! In our salad dressing we could tailor the spice by altering the number of chile peppers. I put in 2 small hot green chilis for one serving, which was enough to make me sweat and my nose run (most in the class only put in one) - however, our tiny little 80 pound Thai instructor put in 12 for hers - I can't even imagine!!

Green curry with chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment