...............................

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Houseboat Food

The food on the houseboat was so fantastic! Right after walking onto the boat they handed me a coconut with a straw in it. Lunch consisted of a small river fish cooked whole after rubbed in this fantastic spice blend with garlic & ginger paste, a coleslaw of sorts made with cabbage and coconut mixed with curry, a spicy green bean and tomato dish, a lentil stew, salad, bread, rice and an entire pineapple (the fruit here is so good). They were quite disappointed in my eating ability as I couldn't even come close to finishing it. A few hours later there was afternoon tea with plaintains that were battered in a mix with whole fennel seeds then fried (I have also seen this as street food). Dinner was another large spread, but I got to pick it out the main course at a water side fish stall. I went for the fresh tiger prawns (yum). We also stopped at a toddy shop - which is a homemade coconut beer which they poured into my water bottle..... sounds good, but not. It tasted like coconut water mixed with old straw.

Lunch

Tea

Tiger Prawns

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment